Pages

Friday, May 27

God is our source!

God is our source. He is our ever-present, always willing, and always loving Father. Psalms 34:10 declares that there is no good thing that He will withhold from us.
 

Yet for us there is [only] one God, the Father, Who is the Source of all things and for Whom we [have life], and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through and by Whom are all things and through and by Whom we [ourselves exist] (1 Corinthians 8:6). I have known to some degree that God is my source of life, wisdom and salvation for several years. Recently the Lord has been demonstrating to such a remarkable degree that He is my only source, my provider, my healer, and my peace-nothing broken or missing-in any dimension or facet of my life.
 

2 Corinthians 1:3, Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement). He is my source of encouragement! He is the Living Word, and therefore the author, finisher, and Source of my faith! Hebrews 12:2 Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection].
 

The Lord is our source and provider of all good things. He is remarkably encouraging and full of mercy. There have been numerous times when I have missed an instruction, or moved without His agreement and yet amazingly, His response is to give me mercy and grace. His loving way is always to help me to make a course correction. I am reminded of the lyrics to an old hymn that says, "He knew me, Yet He loved me, when He was on the cross, I was on His mind". The story of Jonah is a good illustration of how God remained committed to Jonah's success, and purpose. You can surely trust that He is the same with us. Those who pay regard to false, useless, and worthless idols forsake their own [Source of] mercy and loving-kindness. But as for me, I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that which I have vowed. Salvation and deliverance belong to the Lord! (Jonah 2:7-9) God has a strategy and a specific key to unlocking every situation. This is true financially, physically, and spiritually. Our part is to be available to Him and willing to allow Him to be our first and only source.


I truly enjoy golf and occasionally I have the opportunity to play! Last week I asked a couple of friends to go with me after work. They all said that it was going to rain. They were right according to the forecast. It had been raining all week. However, in Psalm 34:7 the Lord said that if I delighted myself in Him that He would give me the desires of my heart. I was prompted by my Source to pray. "Lord I know we need the moisture. However I declare that rain will not interrupt our golfing this day...in Jesus Name." My friends said they agreed but when the afternoon came it was raining hard and dark gray clouds were all around. Most of them cancelled. I said, "I know my Source and I trust Him. I am not moved." I was fully persuaded...and a marvelous thing happened. As I got nearer to the golf course the rain and dark clouds were intense, yet there was a large patch of blue, sky right over the golf course. We played, and then practiced afterwards all the while staying dry. As we were getting into our cars, it began to sprinkle on us. The entire time it had been raining in the surrounding areas.


God is our source for everything good, and while this little golf outing was not a huge matter, like so many of the provisions and protections that He gives freely, it reminded me that He takes pleasure in the outpouring of His goodness on our lives. It is vital that we not only look first to Him but also to trust our loving Father as our only source. It has helped me to remember that grace is His absolute willingness to use His power and ability on our behalf.


God is a Father who desires to commune and communicate as well as answer prayers simply because of His unconditional love for us. Your prayer is not getting Him to do something; it is laying hold of His highest willingness. What do you need, or desire? Ask Him today. He will undoubtedly have more, and better for you than you can possibly ask or think.

No comments:

Post a Comment